Clearly this month is under the sign of nostalgia and when I get nostalgic I like to return to my faves ! I don’t know you but I love to rediscover some fabulous products which were standing right under my eyes ! So today it’s about Lime Crime and my mini collection of Opaque Lipsticks. I was watching a Nicole’s Guerriero video and I saw her swatched her Opaque Lipstick and I was like “OMG they’re fabulous were are mine ?!”
To resume if you like hard pigmentation, great opacity, the smell of Mac’s lipsticks and the packagings too cuuuuuuuuuuuute – I mean look this lovely purple packaging – you will fall in love with this brand !
- Opacity + pigmentation are great qualities for a lipstick but it can be a bit frightening when you want to put them. I’ll be honest with you it’s easy to mess with some colours.
- Application : so yes being careful is important but lipsticks are so creamy and and slide uniformly.
- Lasting : is great, very great ! Long lasting and the lipstick doesn’t mess on your lips hours after hours, love that !
HOT OR NOT ?
Definitively HOT 🙂 I’m so excited to have them back, I know this kind of lipsticks are not for everyone, if you take a look at the Lime Crime website, you’ll see a lot of colours and most of them are “unwearable”, they are more for artistic make-up ! So if you like nude/neutral colours just go away you wont find your happiness !
Let me present you my 4 babies :
- Geradium which is not totally “Barbie pink” but not a baby pink let’s say it’s gonna be gorgeous on tanned girl 🙂
- Centrifuschia : probably my favorite colour and as its name says it’s a fuschia.
- Retrofuturist a great red
- Glamour 101 which is a dark red.
Once upon a time I had 4 other colours but they just disappeared I don’t know where … anyway they were in this category of “unwearable lipsticks” don’t be afraid, I wore them for artistic make-up even if the Cosmopop can be quite beautiful in summer ! If you are interested shades are :
- My beautiful rocket : vibrant orange
- Styletto : black
- D’Lilac : lavender
- Cosmopop : let’s say it’s a pastel peach
Lime Crime is just not lip stuff you can find liners, one eye primer, pigments and nails polish. For lips they are two other products : the Velvetines and the Carousel Gloss. You wont find more opposite products, I mean Velvetines are truly matte and Carousel Gloss are deeply shiny.
To resume, I know some of you are really concerned by healthy cosmetics, Lime Crime is 100% vegan and cruelty-free so what else ?!
Opaque Lipstick $18 // Velvetines $20 // Carousel Gloss $17 // Nail Polish $8
Where to buy them
Good new is : worldwide shipping 🙂 so you can purchase them on their website right here .
“Soft lip promises an eternity of kisses” – Ben Jonson